Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

So I'm joining a friend of mine in the never ending quest to lose some weight. She just had a baby 3 weeks ago and is already trying to lose her baby weight.....I on the other hand think I can no longer use my "baby weight" as an excuse. That picture of me above was with Zachary, about five and a half years ago. Yet, those last 10-15 pounds just keep hanging on.

Here's my plan. Hold on to your hats....eat right and exercise! Wild concept, I know, but I've learned from Garrett that it works. I already know that I do a pretty good job with the exercise, so that leaves the eating right part. One main thing that I'll be trying to do is make sure I eat a good lunch. For the past year, my schedule at work has been MWF and I wouldn't get to eat lunch until about 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I would eat some snacks at work but come home feeling starved and eat everything I could find. Thankfully, this year my schedule allows me to eat lunch at a regular time and I think this will help. I'm trying to add more salads into my day, either lunch or dinner. And lastly, cutting out the snacks that I tend to eat when I am trying to keep myself awake in the afternoon while helping Kevin with his homework.

I'll be checking in each Wednesday to update my progress. I have yet to weigh myself, but I already know that I would like to lose at least 10 pounds and have my clothes fit better. Maybe I can go on a shopping spree for my birthday in October!

3 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

Sounds like a great plan, cant wait to hear how your week goes!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to start too! I also need to lose 10 lbs - my motovation is that I can not breath in my pants today. Totally a gross feeling.

Good luck, Tina

P.S.- I never lost the 5 lbs everybody talked about losing after climbing Mt. Whitney. Not even water weight! Did you?

Rochelle said...

Geez, your story is my life. I have been trying for six years to lose 15lbs! I'm good with the exercise too...but I just love to eat! Dang it!