Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Weight Loss Wednesday

Mr. Wii Fit says that I have lost 2.2 pounds since last stepping on him 2 weeks ago. Every little bit counts! I don't have a working scale, so I am relying on the Wii to tell me how I'm doing on my quest.

I'm really trying to do at least 3 miles on the treadmill, at least 3 days per week. I then include a longer outside run, usually on Saturdays, and then walking with my 3-day group on Sunday mornings. Our group is up to about 8 miles on those Sunday mornings. This week I was busy with popcorn for cub scouts on Saturday, so I did my long run on Monday, 7 miles. It's my longest run since back in May. So, I am slowly working my way back up so that I will be ready when the next marathon comes around.

Problem is when I start running more I think I deserve to eat more, so I end up eating junk. I am buying more fruit to eat in the afternoons and trying to drink more water or flavored water. In the evenings I typically make fairly healthy meals anyway, but I am filling half of my plate with salad so that there is less room for the other stuff. Tonight we are having hummus with pita bread and I bought some salmon burgers at our new Trader Joes. We'll see what the boys think of those.

Pictures from our fun beach day will be posted soon. Gotta get some breakfast going!

4 comments:

roseylittlethings said...

I wish i could run, chad makes fun when i try.. i need somone to teach me:) great job... i knew this was going to be a good week.

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Hang in there. I know what you mean about working out and then thinking that you can have a little treat. It only there was a magic wand to wave and "poof" off comes the weight.
love ya, Susan

Rochelle said...

Went to weight watchers last night...and 4.4 lost! Yippee

Paula said...

Don't you love Trader Joe's? My favorite store! Congrats on the weight loss....way to go.