Monday, October 6, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Another busy weekend for this girl.  A lot of driving, but a lot of fun too.  On Saturday I drove up, first to San Jose where I picked up my bib number and timing chip for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon.  Then I headed over to San Mateo where I was staying at Sandy's place.  After bringing my things in I went out for a short run.  It was so nice to be able to run in the middle of the day, without it being 100 degrees out!  After cleaning myself up I then drove in to San Francisco where I was meeting friend from High School.  My friend Melissa lives there and my friend Maile was there to take family pictures of Melissa, her husband, and her cute little boy!  And Maile's sister Kelly, who I haven't seen in about 15 years was there too.  I had such a fun time and definitely got an ab workout from all the laughing.  These girls are crazy!!
(I had to steal these pictures from Kelly)



After a fun night out I drove back to San Mateo to get some sleep before waking up early to go back to San Jose and run in the race.  I was able to get there in plenty of time and was waiting at the starting area when I saw my mom, dad, Tina, and Lauren.  This made me so happy and gave me the extra energy that I needed to run this race.  The race went great!  I didn't over exert myself and felt good the whole time through.  I had placed my self in the 2 hr. 30 minute group on paper, to be on the safe side, but I quickly caught up to the 2:15 pace group.  After staying with them for a mile or so, I decided I could go faster!  I ended up with an official time of 2:08:09!  So I felt great about it and am now ready to head into my last weeks of training for the full one (4 weeks left).  




Once again I have my Monday to recuperate.  Kevin's teacher didn't need me in his class today either, so I really do just have the morning to myself!  Now if I could just get away from this computer and get some other things done!!

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

First and Foremost - I am so so so proud of you. You are awesome. Second - I am so so so jealous that you got to see all those great wonderful women! I bet you did get an ab workout - better than doing crunches

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Congratulations Tasha. Super, super running time. I am sure you had a great high all the way home. So glad you had your Mom, Dad, Tina and Lauren there to cheer you on. Looking forward to you BIG (marathon and birthday too) day. love ya,Susan & Dennis

P.S. I know what you mean about the computer and being strapped to it. I have been online and on the phone with Earthlink and Gateway support for over 2 hours know. We have had problems with our home computer for a couple of months. It has been on my list but have dreaded trying to correct it but decided to tackle it this morning. Needless to say while I am still sitting here on hold I know why. First call should have been to the family computer guru but didn't want to bother him.

Sandy said...

Congratulations, again, Tasha. What an awesome time. I am so proud of you and how great to have your mom, dad, Lauren and Tina there to cheer you on.
So glad you had today to unwind.
You are going to do so well in the marathon.
Love ya, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Mom says:
What an honor it was to support you with our yells and our presence. You made us soooo proud.

There was a little boy and his dad right next to us, leaning on the fence around the race track. The little boy kept saying "my Daddy", and finally I said,"Well, that's my baby running out there!" What a fine woman you have grown into!

Love you lots, Mom

Paula said...

I'm so proud of you, too, Tasha!! What a time....you are FAST!!
How special that your family was able to cheer you on and be there for you.
Hugs to you!!!

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job! When you were running past us the last time toward the finish line I got a little teary because I know how much hard work you've put into this. You rock!!
Love you,
Tina

Grandma Dee said...

Tasha, Congratulations! You did it and in a better time than you anticipated. I think it was the "family boost" that helped you. You look soooo happy in the pix with your friends and then with your family. I am glad it all worked out well for you. You must be pooped today. Take it easy and rev up for the wild rock and roll party this weekend. I will miss seeing you. Much love, Denise