Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

The boys have been playing school the past few days.  Kevin has been the teacher and Berry, Zach's stuffed animal, has been the student (with Zach being Berry's voice).  Kevin took his job as teacher very seriously and planned out craft activities, printed some out on the computer, and helped Berry with them.  Here's what he came up with:


But the best thing that I learned from his teaching wasn't while they were playing school.  It was on Tuesday when I was spending all day cleaning the house.  Half way through the day Kevin just said plainly, "It's not about rushing around and getting all ready.  It's about being thankful."  
 
Hope you all have a great Thanksgiving.  I'm thankful for all of you!!

4 comments:

Paula said...

I love the comment, "It's not about rushing around, it's about being thankful!" A wise reminder from our Kevin. Tell him that Grami loved that. xo
We all have so much to be thankful for....at the top of the list would be our awesome family. God has really showered us with so many blessings, that's for sure!

Have a wonderful day with your family, enjoy each other and give your mom an extra hug for us, Tasha.

Love and thankfulness for all of you!
Paula

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Oh my gosh what a great comment from Kevin. It is so true. This time of year becomes so rush, rush that we barely have time to enjoy the reason for the season. May we all slow down a little bit and enjoy all the day's in the coming month. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and may God continue to bless us all. Love, Susan

P.S. Tell Kevin and Zach I loved hearing about their playing school. The pictures are great and I am sure that Berry learned a great deal. Perhaps Namie and I can be student's next time we come out.

Sandy said...

What a wonderful comment from Kevin. He is so right. It is not about rushing around , it is about being thankful.

We all should remember this as we are getting ready for the holidays.

We have so much to be thankful for.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.
Love, Sandy & Joe

dole2obama said...

Man, I wish I had Kevin to sub for me on my sick days. He sounds like a great teacher!