Thursday, November 13, 2008

What's Next?

That seems to be the question I am hearing most lately.  Not only from others, but from myself.  I had read somewhere that after you run a marathon it is sometimes followed by a sort of depression.  Not so much that you are feeling sad that you ran it, but more about all the hard work is over and now what....  So that's where I am at now, not the depressed part, but the "now what" part.  

I have started making a list of new things I would like to do.  I am trying to get back into an exercise routine after taking most of last week off.  I ran about 3 miles today while Zach started a new gymnastics class.  That will be a good thing each Thursday!  So here's what I've come up with so far:

1.  Conquering "The Beast" on December 13th.  The runner's club is hosting its 2nd annual run here in town which is a difficult, uphill run for a total of 9 something miles (that's why they call is the beast).  I will not be running the whole way, I already know that, but it is to raise money for the Food Pantry, which I know does a lot of good around town.  If anyone wants to join me on this one, it's a $20 registration fee and all the money goes to the Food Pantry.

2.  I'm thinking that 5 hours and 12 minutes just is not going to cut it for me.  So I am hoping to run in the San Diego Rock and Roll marathon on May 31st.  After having a week and a half to recover and think about it, I'm thinking it would be fun.  I was thinking about training with "Team in Training" who raises money for Leukemia and Lymphoma because the first time was just for me, but now I feel like I should do it for something else.  But, that brings me to my third thing on my list.

3.  The Susan G. Komen 3-day walk in San Diego, November 2009.  A walk for breast cancer has now become something that will be at the top of my list to sign up for.  Cancer seems to be popping up all around me and I know I can't raise money for everything, so I am choosing this one as it has become closer to my heart over the past week.  I haven't signed up yet, but am looking into walking with a former client's mom who has done the walk previously.  So, you know I will be looking to all of you for support during this one! ;)

Those are my 3 biggest things I've planned so far.  And in between all of these I am going to be continuing to spend time doing my everyday mom activities.  We had a nice short week this week.  Kevin stayed home on Monday with the sniffles and cough. He entertained himself at my work for 2 hours by playing chess against himself.  I'm sure he will be challenging anyone who comes his way soon.   

Zach and I are off to the store to buy some more clothes for these boys who are growing too fast.  Kevin went to school yesterday with pants and a shirt that were way too small for him!  

5 comments:

Grandma Dee said...

Zowie, I like the new format and colors on your blog. Very cheery. Good for you in looking for more running/walking challenges. How long is the San Diego walkathon? I have wanted to do that walk for breast cancer forever. A number of my friends have done the Santa Barbara walk and it has been so inspiring. Would love to join you if you would have me.

I would imagine that after your training for a year, it is a let down to not have a goal to shoot for. Good that you are setting new goals for yourself.

You are awesome,
Denise

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Great goals set for yourself, Tasha!! And I know you will do them all. All of your challenges sound good and are for the most part a little different. And for charity is always good. I would love to do the San Diego Rockin' Roll Marathon (half for me) with you. It is suppose to be alot of fun. We will see.

I can't believe that Kevie and Zachie are growing so quickly. Maybe clothes, again for Christmas gifts plus of course a toy or something. Let me know.

Dennis said that he too felt a bit down after he ran a marathon. It's all that training everyday and then poof it's over. But what an incredible accomplistment. love to all, Susan

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

P.S. Love your Thanksgiving background.

Sandy said...

Good for you, Tasha. I can imagine the let-down after the marathon. After all, you trained for a year and you do need new goals. Hopefully we will be able to see you in your next one.
Love Sandy and Joe

Paula said...

I love the cute, colorful turkey background on your blog, Tasha!!

Nice goals!! And I know you will ACHIEVE them.

Love and blessings,
Paula