Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Incredible Shrinking Garrett

June 2008

It was just about 4 months ago, the end of July, when Garrett decided he was going to loose weight.  When Garrett decides to do something then that is it...... he does it.  So for the past 4 months he has been doing the same things pretty much everyday, with a consistency that I just cannot believe.  Every morning he has two packets of instant organic oatmeal.  For lunch he eats a 6 inch Subway sandwich.  Then for dinner, it is whatever I make or a few times a week we have take-out.  Add in a yogurt and a piece of fruit for a snack plus a daily workout on the eliptical machine and we now have a 40 pounds lighter Garrett.  I'm so proud of how he has been sticking to his plan!  

I just can't understand why I can't loose the 10 pounds that have been haunting me since having the boys ("sure, I'll have a cookie").  I mean I exercise ("ok, I'll have a piece of your Halloween candy Kevin").  I eat right ("well, it's a party....I guess I'll have a piece of cake").  I ran a marathon for goodness sake! ("yeah, I deserve three desserts!!!")  Can anyone help me figure out what I'm doing that Garrett's not??? :)

Anyway, now you all know his secret.  Eating right and exercise.  Maybe he should write a book!

November 2008

5 comments:

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

All I can say is WOW!! Garrett's focus and determination is so awesome with losing the weight that he has. He is an inspiration to all of us who won't to shed those pounds. I think it takes incredible discipline to eat the same thing's every day and still move forward. PLUS as any doctor will tell you..............eat small portion's, eat early in the evening, drink plenty of water and YES work out. Plus of course no snack's, no dessert's, nothing white, etc., etc. Lead by example and that is what Garrett has done.
I hope to follow in his footsteps. Love you all, Susan

Sandy said...

Garrett looks so good. I admire his "dedication" and the fact he has been able to keep to his schedule.

He has set an example for all of us.

Way to go Garrett!!!!!

Love, Sandy

Anonymous said...

Dang, that's awesome!!
Good job Garrett.
love, Tina

Grandma Dee said...

He COULD write a book and I know one family who would all buy it. Garrett looks awesome and I really respect his discipline. The extensive exercise helps alot too. I am inspired by him. It is hard for women to lose weight because of all the cooking we do for the whole family. I remember when the boys were growing up, I would make their lunches and have treats to put in them. I would save 1, 2, or 3 of the treats for me to eat, as well. My biggest weakness is breads. I love all kinds of breads and bagels and can eat so much of them with butter, olive oil or almost anything. For me, that was the hardest to cut out, but now my stomach is finally starting to get flatter. Watch out with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming. If I can stay even or just go up a couple of pounds I will count it a success. While we were down at Namie's last night and today, I had some homemade crescent rolls, a few gingerbread cookies and some hawaiian potato chips. Now, time to be good until Thursday! Love you, Denise

Paula said...

Garrett is so handsome at any weight, but now he looks even more handsome with his chiseled features. Not to mention the best thing of all...health benefits!!
I admire and am so proud that he reached his goal! Awesome way to go.
I think mother and son have alot in common...we like to eat! But, son, you beat me in discipline.
Congratulations with mucho love.