Monday, May 5, 2008

Blinding White Light

Oh wait, those are just my legs.  I finally broke out some shorts for my run over the weekend and the whole time I was just thinking, "Wow, those legs are really white!"  My friends from high school gave me the nickname of "leather bag", an endearing term because of the fact that I was always the tannest around in the summer....and that I would grow up to have leathery skin from all that sun exposure.  I still love being out in the sun, but I am always lathered up with sunscreen now, to keep me from getting that leather look.  But, I wouldn't mind a little color on these legs though, at least to keep from blinding myself while I run! (and I do have to say, as a side note, that I really DO NOT like the running shorts that are out.  I would rather run in long pants any day because of the whole riding up factor and chaffing the occurs....at least for me.  My friend told me that they have vaseline stations at marathons that you can grab a slab of vaseline to run on to prevent the chaffing while you are running.....no thanks.  I think I will just get some biking shorts or something because running shorts are not for me!)

So, I have been out running again this week.  My knee and hip were feeling better.  After my 10 miler on Saturday though my knee is in pain again.....what to do?  
Here's what I ended up doing this week:
Monday:  5.5 (hike)
Tuesday: 2.1 walk
Wednesday: 5.0 (run)
Thursday: spinning class
Friday: 4.2
Saturday: 10 (run/walk)
Sunday: rest

Not a bad week, but the 10 might just be pushing it too much for now.  

This week my schedule is a little bit off because I rearranged my work so I can go to Zach's Mother's Day Tea at his preschool on Friday.  I know they've been practicing some songs and I can't wait to see it!  So I am working here and there throughout the week to make up some of the time.   This morning I am going in to see one little girl and then off to the gym before I need to pick up Zach again from preschool.  I guess I better go wake those boys!!!

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

The running shorts are just plain wrong! I hate the fact that they are so short that the ol" butt cheeks show. Don't the clothes makers realize that every size of people run - just not the skinny minny's of the world. Can you imagine me running in those shorts? Lord have Mercy! I would need a year supply for my chaffing!

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

Tasha I feel the same bright light with the legs. Since I try and stay out of the sun as much as I can I use Coppertone sunless tanning lotion. It works really well for me AND covers up the white legs quite well. The only problem is you have to make sure that you dry lightly after a shower when drying your legs. Otherwise your towels get a bit tanned as well. But I love it and will have to start using it soon.

Well I am not going to beat around the bush. Bad week for the workout. 3 days, 4 miles each day. No excuses BUT cousin Gary was in town last Friday until yesterday. So I spent a day getting ready for Gary to stay with us and then Fri., Sat., Sun. and MOnday entertaining. Lots of fun but no time to work out. This week will be better, I think. Glad that you had a good week. I love that you are mixing your workouts up. Sorry that you had some pain after your 10 mile run on Sat. Did you get the half rubber orthodics??? How about new shoes??? Hang in there. Love to you all, Susan

Anonymous said...

wow, white legs. I would have to see it to believe it. Glad to know i am not the only one. I have been using a lotion with a slight tint and it works. Not orangy at all.
Vicki