Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Mishmash of Ramblings

After a week of no running I got on the treadmill and it was HARD!  I guess that just means I cannot take a break.  It was getting so much easier for me to go an hour....now I have to work back up to it?  Hopefully it wont take that long to get back into the swing of things.  It doesn't help that I am now carrying around all those cookies and treats that I ate over the past weeks.  I really don't want to go back to the Fat Smash, I'll just run it all off!  
I was back at work today and it felt so strange being back, like I had been off of work forever.  Not sure why, it just did.  But the kids at work are all so cute and the time goes by so fast.  I had a mom bring her son in this morning for an assessment convinced that it was all her fault that her 16 month old wasn't talking yet.  I had to try and give her the confidence that her son is still very young, he may be late talking but it doesn't mean that he wont talk and it certainly doesn't mean it's all her fault.  I LOVE working with the kids, that's why I went into pediatrics, but I am not always the best at working with the parents.  
Anyway, to add to my ramblings tonight, I just had to share these pictures of Zach and his Uncle Matt feelin' the blues on Christmas day while Uncle Dennis played his Ukulele.  I think they are so cute and even cuter if you can imagine Zach movin' his head back and forth in time with the music.


Still trying to think of New Year's resolutions, but I never really keep them so why bother?  I do know one that I plan on keeping.....keep on keepin' on and finish that marathon in November!

1 comment:

Sailing Vessel Serenity NOW said...

It was great to get insight into your work. How sad that a mother would blame herself over her child not talking yet. It sounds like you handled it beautifully, Tasha. The children and their parent's are very lucky to have you. How very rewarding it must be for you.

I know what you mean about the extra Christmas pounds. We had Sonny's yummy meatball sandwiches on New Years day. With that I said to myself that was the final splurge before tackling the weight. It is sooooooo hard to start eating healthy and right again as everything in the world sounds good when one goes on a diet. I sure wish the pounds would melt away but easily but that doesn't seem to happen by itself. Oh well.

I will burn a cd of Christmas day and bring it up next week. The video's of Zachie and Matt "fellin' the blue" is just the BEST!!!

Do hope the possible "historic weather system" hold off long enough for you to make it to your Mom and Dads. Love you all.